and it is so simple to make!
photos from crepesofwrath.net
OREO FUDGE BARS!
recipe adapted from crepesofwrath.net
1 large pack of oreos
1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of semisweet or milk chocolate chips
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1. preheat your oven to 325 degrees. line a 9x13" baking pan with foil and grease foil with cooking spray.
2. chop 8 oreos and set aside to use later for the topping. crush remaining oreos in a bag or use a food processor until they are small crumbs.
3. add 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 cup of melted butter and stir together in a bowl with the oreo crumbs.
4. press oreo crumb mixture into bottom of your 9x13" pan. try using a ziploc over your hand to press down the crust with your fingers.
5. in another bowl, add 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and the vanilla extract. microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stopping to stir in between. continue doing so until the mixture is smooth and creamy and chocolate chips are melted. be careful not to overcook. stir well.
6. pour the chocolate mixture over the oreo crumb bottom in your pan and spread gently and evenly.
7. sprinkle the remaining 8 chopped oreo pieces over the top of the chocolate mixture. sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over the top too.
8. bake for about 20 minutes. let cool for 1 hour.
9. melt white chocolate chips the same way you melted the other chocolate chips. spoon the melted chocolate into a ziploc, cut the corner, and drizzle over the top.
10. refrigerate until they are completely cold. before serving, take the foil out of the pan and cut into squares. YUMMM.
ps: i ate 3 oreo fudge bars today! yikes!