i have been getting quite a few requests to share this recipe...
red velvet cookies...with cream cheese frosting! they are amazingly simple.
for the cookies...
1 box of duncan hines red velvet cake mix
1/3 cup oil
1. preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease cookie sheet.
2. mix all ingredients together.
3. roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. flatten slightly.
4. bake at 375 until the tops start to crack, about 8-10 minutes.
5. cool on a wire rack.
6. frost with cream cheese frosting! use generously!!!
for the cream cheese frosting...
8 oz. package of cream cheese (may be softened)
5 tbsp. softened butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar (sift after measuring)
1. beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until combined.
2. gradually add the 2 cups of powdered sugar (or more or less, depending on how you like it)
3. frost those cookies! try making sandwiches or just frost the tops!
1. i hate sifters. i have a fancy one from crate & barrel but i hate using it. it's such a mess. so, i never sift. and it turns out fine.
2. save your extra frosting to dip apple slices in, spread on graham crackers, etc.
3. i feel ashamed when i bake from a mix. i love making things from scratch so i feel guilty using the cake mix but, i have made red velvet cake from scratch before and it is SO MESSY! red dye and powder everywhere!
4. i have made these cookies and instead of frosting them i put in mint chocolate chips! so good! also i want to try white chocolate chips! yum!
cookie recipe from alhomemadecookies.com
frosting recipe from slashfood.com
photos from bakerella.com
Yum Yum!!! I'll have to see if Australia carries that cake mix and try that recipe!! Those look so good! :)ReplyDelete
Holy Mackerel girl those look good!!!! I wanna try making them right this second!! :)ReplyDelete
I made these last week for my RS lesson and Kenny's sunday school class - they were a HUGE hit. Although, with it being valentines weekend, I had to go to several stores to find the cake mix.ReplyDelete
I had just polished off my last one when I found this post!
Too funny; as I was reading this I swear on my life I started to smell cookies! Turns out my office auto-spray air freshener had just done its thing, but still... it made me want to bake these ASAP. Looks (and smells?) delicious!ReplyDelete
Those look amazing.ReplyDelete