one of my favorite snacks are peanut butter chocolate chip larabars!
they are incredibly tasty and filling,
but also gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan,
non-gmo, and full of vitamins.
they aren't cheap, though.
so let's make our own, shall we?
2 cups dried pitted dates
(visually inspect to make sure you didn't get any pits!)
1 cup peanuts
(healthier to use raw unsalted, but roasted & salted work too)
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
(healthiest to use a broken up dark chocolate bar)
1. place all ingredients in your food processor.
2. process for 1-3 minutes until combined.
3. add a few sprinkles of water if you want it stickier,
and process for a few more seconds.
4. press firmly into a large rectangle shape on cutting board.
cut into 10-12 bars.
5. wrap each bar in plastic wrap,
or place in reusable snack bags.
store in refrigerator.
you can change out the fruit, nut, and topping to make any flavor of larabars!
i can't wait to experiment with other flavors.