this past holiday season violet had her own christmas tree,
so she could take off all the ornaments all day long,
without me getting frustrated.
she really loved it,
and i had fun making it.
+ 1 yard of green felt
+ different colors of felt for ornaments & gifts
+ embellishments (sequin, ric rac, lace, yarn, fabric scraps, etc)
+ ornament templates (bell, star, round, retro, bow)
+ fabric scissors
+ glue gun
+ mounting squares
pretty self explanatory, but here's what i did:
1. fold green felt in half lengthwise.
2. cut from one corner to the opposite corner.
3. open felt and you will have a large triangle.
4. fold it lengthwise again, and mark where you want your boughs to be.
5. cut in straight or curved lines to make the boughs.
6. unfold it and you will have a symmetrical tree.
7. trace your ornaments onto felt (folded in half to make double).
8. cut out, and use glue gun to embellish.
9. cut out squares/rectangles for presents and use glue gun to embellish.
10. hang up tree using mounting squares
(first test the squares on your wall's paint to make sure it won't come off)
I love this SO MUCH. I am totally going to do this for Christmas this year! Especially having two little ones!ReplyDelete
I'll make you one! I have tons of felt left!!!!!Delete