i got these little guys at a thrift store for 6 dollars.
i wasn't in love with the wood, just a little too cabin-like.
there was nothing on the back to hang it on the wall with.
it had a hole on the top of each of the long ends, maybe for candlesticks.
so i used dark brown acrylic paint.
it was way too matte, so i added glossy mod podge.
now it's too glossy, but oh well.
i added some hooks on the bottom to hang our keys from.
i also added some hanging wire to the back of it.
aren't they are just so sweet and forresty?
1) vintage wall-hanging
2) acrylic paint
3) 3 or so screw-in hooks
4) picture hanger hook for the back
1) thoroughly wipe down your wall-hanging
to remove any dust. i used a baby wipe.
2) tape any areas you do not want painted.
i taped over the felt eyes of my owls.
3) paint your wall-hanging. if it needs a second
coat, let dry thoroughly in between.
4) after it dries, screw in your key hooks along the bottom.
5) attach a picture hanger hook to the back.
this method will depend on your material.
another idea is to hang it up by tying yarn or string to it,
or using a staple gun to create a hook.
whatever works for you!