we had to say goodbye to my sis and my nephew last night.
we dropped them off at the airport, and it was hard!
australia is FARRRR.
we had a little cousin photo shoot of violet & blake yesterday.
it's been so fun to see these two interact.
blake is quick, and is always crawling over to violet.
he likes to swat at her face and try to grab her eyes.
he just started walking, and he also really really wants to step on her!
violet loves to watch her cousin and hear all his silly sounds.
i miss my little nephew already, even though he is only on the plane home.
his eyes are so so blue!!! he is so much fun, waving, talking & walking.
and oh yeah, i have to brag about little violet's mighty head control!
she seems so strong for being so tiny.
hope we can plan a trip to australia soon :)
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Thursday, March 22, 2012
i feel lazy when i blog instagrams,
but it's better than nothing i suppose.
here are some photos to tell the story of february.
next week is spring break!
i will be grading papers,
and hanging out with my baby girl!
Friday, March 9, 2012
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
i pulled out some vintage fabric the other night,
and managed to put together a fun little wreath!
it was so super easy!
1) scraps of vintage fabric
2) wreath form (mine was straw, but styrofoam works too)
3) glue gun
4) fabric scissors or a rotary cutter & mat
5) embellishments (rosettes, fabric yo-yos, buttons, anything!)
1) lay out some coordinating fabrics in an order you like.
2) cut some strips in whatever length & width you like, but be consistent.
3) wrap the strips around your wreath form,
using a little streak of hot glue to secure each wrap.
4) decorate your wreath with any embellishments.
5) hang it with a strip of fabric, lace, or braided yarn.