but i want to. it's a fun thing to document.
i apologize for the lazy selfies from my mac.
here are my DIY t-shirt yarn necklaces.
i made them with my new rotary cutter, which by the way, rocks!
they are really easy to make. and my favorite crafts come from recycled materials.
1) old t-shirts (cotton, jersey, etc.), preferably with no logos.
2) fabric scissors or rotary cutter and mat.
1) cut shirt into 1-inch strips horizontally, starting at the bottom of the shirt.
stop at the armpits.
2) cut off the bottom hem of the t-shirt and discard.
3) cut all of the strips open, so they are no longer circles, but long strips.
4) pull each strip hard and stretch it really good.
you want the fabric to thin and curl out, kind of like rope.
5) loop a bunch of pieces together or twist or braid them,
or whatever you please. then loop them around your neck.
6) tie them together at the back of the neck using extra strips.
knot the strips and trim any excess.
7) decorate them with extra fabric strips by adding pom-poms,
bows, ties, or anything you are in the mood for.
Thanks for sharing these, I love them!ReplyDelete
You are pretty!ReplyDelete
i love that you posted the pics. you are so crafty! awesome necklaces, well done.ReplyDelete
awe, i need to get a hairdid soon too, the bang sitch has so many issues right now. happy monday! ♥